The Pomona Valley affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI Pomona Valley) is a nonprofit California corporation serving Pomona Valley and the surrounding communities, and dedicated to improving the quality of life for people affected by mental illness and their loved ones through support, education, and advocacy. NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Our volunteers, staff, and community partners know that recovery from mental illness is possible and we offer many resources to support that end. Our services are free of charge and include:
- A confidential information and referral helpline to help you navigate the path to recovery for yourself or loved one. You are not alone, call (909) 399-0305.
- If you’re living with a mental illness and need support; someone to talk to who is trained and who understands what it’s like, call (855) 845-7415 or text California’s 24/7 Warm Line day or night.
- Classes providing in-depth information about all aspects of mental illness including treatment, recovery and advocacy.
- Support groups for people living with mental illness; support groups for the loved ones of a person living with mental illness.
- Community outreach to increase awareness, improve services and dispel myths and stigma surrounding mental illness.
- Resources to help faith communities, schools and other organizations respond more effectively to mental illness.
- In-depth online information about the major mental illnesses.
- A monthly general meeting on the first Tuesday of each month featuring various speakers lending of their expertise on recovery, services, advocacy and other topics related to mental illness.
Thank you for visiting our site. We hope that it is helpful and we wish you wellness!