Welcome to NAMI Pomona Valley
The Pomona Valley affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI Pomona Valley) is a nonprofit California corporation serving Pomona Valley and the surrounding communities, and dedicated to improving the quality of life for people affected by mental illness and their loved ones through support, education, and advocacy. NAMI is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness.
Our volunteers, staff and community partners know that recovery from mental illness is possible and we offer many resources to support that end. Our services are free of charge and include:
- A confidential information and referral helpline to help you navigate the path to recovery for yourself or loved one. You are not alone, call (909) 399-0305.
- Classes providing in-depth information about all aspects of mental illness including treatment, recovery and advocacy.
- Support groups for people living with mental illness; support groups for the loved ones of a person living with mental illness.
- Community outreach to increase awareness, improve services and dispel myths and stigma surrounding mental illness.
- Resources to help faith communities, schools, the business community and others respond more effectively to mental illness.
- In-depth online information about the major mental illnesses.
- A monthly event on the first Tuesday of each month which offers support groups, refreshments along with casual conversation in a safe space, and our general meeting. The general meeting features a different mental health expert each month on topics ranging from recovery to services to advocacy to crises management and everything in between, related to mental illness.
For detailed information on our services, please click on the Resources tab in the navigation menu and select from the options; or call us at our information and referral helpline, (909) 399-0305.
Need information? Try our NAMI Pomona Valley Information Referral Helpline: (909) 399-0305
If you are needing information about upcoming NAMI programs or are looking for treatment and recovery services for yourself or a loved one, try the Helpline service of our own Pomona Valley chapter of NAMI. Our trained volunteers are up to speed on NAMI programs, have referral information, and bring a supportive spirit to the conversation. All have “been there” in some way, shape, or form.
When you call, you will be greeted by an answering service which will bridge calls to the volunteer on duty for the day. You don’t have to mess with a voicemail system. The Helpline is available seven days a week. If you call after 9 p.m. or before 9 a.m., the call will be held over for the next volunteer coming on duty.
Please remember: If you have an emergency in which someone is not safe, call 911 immediately.
With your help, we are dedicated to improving the quality of life for people with mental illness and their families through support, education, and advocacy.
NAMI Pomona Valley is a California nonprofit organization supported by its members. Membership dues support NAMI operations at the local, state, and national levels. NAMI Pomona Valley members receive voting privileges, informative newsletters from the national, state, and local offices, plus leadership training programs. All NAMI Pomona Valley programs and services are free of charge.
- Monthly Newsletter (including important advocacy issues, guest speakers, affiliate activities)
- Voting privileges
- The benefits of full membership include membership with NAMI National, NAMI California, and our Pomona Valley Affiliate
- You will receive our flagship magazine, the NAMI Advocate
- Discounts at the NAMI Store and on registration at the NAMI National Convention
- You will have full access to all the information and features on the NAMI.org website and more