NAMI WALKS Pomona Valley
T-Shirt Design Contest
The winning designer will receive a $50 Gift Card
- Designs are due by September 1, 2017
- They designs will be judged by the NAMI Pomona Valley Board of Directors
- Submit your designs via Email to email@example.com
- Orders will be placed by September 8th for ample time for receipt on October 3rd pick up.
- Questions? Call Lora Illig @ (909)625-2383.
NAMI Walk Los Angeles County
Support Groups start @ 6:15pm – 7:30pm
Family Support Groups (Including Spousal Support Group)
Spanish Support Group
Connection and Daily Living Support Groups
A special thanks to the local businesses that have contributed to NAMI Pomona Valley
Steffen/Sotheby’s Real Estate – Claremont
Tintura Salon-Claremont (Giving Tuesday)
Curtis Real Estate/ Carol Curtis – Claremont … www.curtisrealestate.com
Another Way to Support NAMI Pomona Valley!!!
AMAZON.COM (AMAZON Smile) SHOPPERS – Select NAMI Pomona Valley as your charity and AMAZON will give a percentage of your purchases to our organization so we may continue our mission to improve the lives of those living with mental illness and their families.
Upcoming Education Classes
De Familia a Familia
NAMI Familia-a-Familia es un programa educativo, GRATIS, de 12 sesiones para familiares, parejas, amigos, y seres queridos de adultos que viven con una enfermedad mental. El curso esta diseñado para ayudar a toda la familia a entender y apoyar a seres queridos que viven con un trastorno mental, sin descuidar el propio bienestar del círculo familiar.
Miles de families han dicho que éste programa vino a cambiar sus vidas. Esta clase es impartida por maestros entrenados que conocen por experiencia propia lo que es tener a un ser querido con una enfermedad mental.
Este curso incluye informacion en enfermedades como:
Esquizofrenia, Trastorno Bipolar, Depressión Severa, Trastorno
Obsesivo Compulsivo y Pánico, Trastornos Cerebrales y
Trastornos de Adicción Simultaneos y otras enfermedades mentales.
Mondays, September 11 – November 27, 2017
6:30pm – 9:00pm
3115 N. Garey Avenue
Pomona, CA 91767
Para mayor información llamar a Jesus Vega (805) 889-7418 o NAMI Offices (909) 625-2383 (excepto Miercoles)
NAMI está dedicada a mejorar la calidad de vida de todos aquéllos cuyas vidas han sido afectadas por
Family to Family Education Class
August 31, 2017
6:30pm – 9:00pm
The local affiliate of National Alliance on Mental Illness, NAMI Pomona Valley, offers its
widely recognized family education course in English and Spanish (scheduled later).
This 12-week free course is designed for families with loved ones who have a brain illness.
Illnesses addressed in this course are: Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder,
Anxiety Disorders, Major Depression, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Schizophrenia, and
co-occurring mental illness and addiction brought on by self-medication.
Designed to give you the insight and skill set you need to navigate the Mental Health System,
it consists of twelve weekly classes structured to help family members understand and
support their ill relative while maintaining their own well being. The program is taught by a
team of specially trained volunteer family members who know what it’s like to have a loved
one with a mental illness.
Program Topics Include
• Learning about facts and feelings
• Schizophrenia; diagnosis, critical periods
• Subtypes of depression and bipolar illness, borderline personality disorder, panic disorder and OCD
• Sharing our stories
• The biology of the brain and new research
• Problem solving skill workshop
• Medications review
• Empathy workshop; what it’s like to be mentally ill
• Communication skills workshop
• Relative groups and self care
• Rehabilitation Services
• Advocacy: fighting stigma and discrimination
• Review and certification and celebration
For more information and to Pre-Register (required) for the class: Please call: Bette Donovan (909) 593‐1324 or NAMI Pomona Valley office (909)625‐2383
Welcome to NAMI Pomona Valley
The Pomona Valley affiliate of the National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI PV) is a nonprofit California corporation dedicated to improving the quality of life for people affected by mental illness and their loved ones through support, education, and advocacy.
Our volunteers, staff and community partners know that recovery from mental illness is possible and we offer many resources to support that end. Our services are free of charge and include:
- A confidential information and referral helpline to help you navigate the path to recovery for yourself or loved one. You are not alone, call (909)399-0305.
- Classes providing in-depth information about all aspects of mental illness including treatment, recovery and advocacy.
- Support groups for people living with mental illness; support groups for the loved ones of a person living with mental illness.
- Community outreach to increase awareness, improve services and dispel myths and stigma surrounding mental illness.
- Resources to help faith communities, schools and other organizations respond more effectively to mental illness.
- In-depth online information about the major mental illnesses.
- A monthly general meeting on the first Tuesday of each month featuring various speakers lending of their expertise on recovery, services, advocacy and other topics related to mental illness.
For detailed information on our services, please click on the Resources tab in the upper left corner navigation menu and select from the options; or call us at our information and referral helpline, (909) 399-0305.